Make sure you know where to get the most up to date flood information in your area.
Information can be found by visiting the Environment Agency web site:
1. Check your buildings and contents insurance for flood damage.
2. Know where to turn off your utilities, e.g. Gas and Electricity.
3. Prepare a flood kit of essential items.
>Copies of insurance documentation.
>Battery powered radio
>A torch with spare batteries
>Warm clothing and blankets
>Bottled water and non-perishable food
4. Know who to contact and how.
5. Identify your local emergency reception centre
6. Move cherished items now before the flood.
7. Consider what items you could move during a flood